FRITTATA WITH POTATOES, RED PEPPERS AND MINT.
Serves 4 - Serve hot or cold
* 450 g baby new potatoes , scrubbed but not peeled
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
* 2 red peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
* 7 medium eggs , lightly beaten
* 6 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water, bring back to the boil and simmer gently for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain, halve and set aside.
Heat the oil in a 24 cm , heavy based, non stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, peppers and potatoes and fry gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Preheat the grill to a medium setting.
Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper, add the mint and pour over the potato mixture. Tilt the pan so the eggs cover the bottom of the pan evenly; reduce the heat slightly and cook for 6 minutes without stirring . Place under the hot grill for 3 minutes until set and golden brown.
Remove from the grill and leave to rest in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn into a serving plate. Let cool then cut into wedges to serve .